Friday, June 29, 2012

Hoot!

So, Stella and I were invited to a little friend's first birthday party.  It's for one of the little boys belonging to the Birchwood & Almond gals.  We're pretty excited ...
So is this little guy.  I won't say I whipped him up.  I'm not that talented.  I worked on him both naps, for an hour before dinner, and probably 30 minutes after Fuzz went to bed.  I'm not a whipper-upper. When I try to whip things up things go wrong.  Very, very wrong.  Maybe I'll tell you about Fuzz's first pj pants someday.  Maybe.  Back to today --

I followed this pattern (I stole it from my mother) ...
Used these materials ...
Had help from a little gal ...
And eventually finished!
I love using old jeans (these were from high school, I hang on to denim scraps for days like these), because they are SO soft and then you can add details to your project like this ...

On another note, Fuzz turned ten months old a couple days ago.
I've tried to take her picture with this sign every month, and this time I was only a couple days late.  Mental high five!  Months seven and eight were a couple weeks late and month nine didn't even get done!  I can't believe how fast she's grown.  I wouldn't be surprised if she woke up tomorrow and asked for the car keys.  Sigh...

Off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment