Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 5th of July!  We had a nice Independence Day yesterday with a visit with family we haven't seen in a while and a few fireworks at 7:00 pm for Fuzz's benefit.  Fireworks are pretty lame during the day.  She didn't know what to think.
I thought I picked quiet ones, but the grand finale had some loud crackles that she did not like.


Daddy save me!
On another note, here's what's blooming in my garden lately:


"Nikko Blue" hydrangea

Hydrangea from Grandma Stella

Lots of peas!
 Here's what's coming in the garden...
Coneflowers

Another flush of roses (Graham Thomas) and more lilies

Nasturtiums

What am I doing in the garden lately?  Not much.  I'm done with planting for now, although I could get another crop of radishes sown before it gets too hot.  I'm still picking a few strawberries and lots of peas.  There's always weeding to be done and pruning the roses to encourage more blooms and keep the bushes tidy.  I should be fertilizing, but I'm not.  If I wasn't breastfeeding I would be spraying the roses for black spot.  We're still getting rain every few days, so I've only watered the vegetables once.  As much as I would appreciate predictably sunny weather, I also appreciate not running up the water bill.

What's happening in your garden?


No comments:

Post a Comment