Monday, May 18, 2015

More shorts...


I've been wanting to sew up this pattern for awhile, and Stella is growing out of the size range I have so I thought I'd better hurry! So after much hemming and hawing over fabric choice I finally fell on a lightweight chambray and a Lisette voile, both from Joann's a couple years ago. The chambray is going to wrinkle horribly...errgh. The waistband facing is another Lisette print (maybe a lawn?). A coordinating Class Picnic blouse is in the works (now blogged here).

View of the back of the shorts
 
Front waistband facing
 
Every time I see this pattern sewn up in the blogosphere I want to make it! Two of my favorites are these by probably actually and these by skirt as top. The Oliver + s flickr group has a ton of great ones, too. I've always been turned off on it because the hem facing looked like it took forever. It turned out to sew up faster than I thought it would. The pattern and instructions were great and completely up to the usual Oliver + s standard.

I remembered to add a size tag!
 
I sewed a 3T because I want them to fit now, but probably should have sewn a 4. Hopefully they'll make it through the summer. Stella is refusing to model clothes for pics lately and it's not worth the fight. Thankfully, she still likes wearing them! Little sister is also a fan of trying on big sister's clothes.
 
Why yes, that is a Christmas rug next to the sliding door....in May.
 
What our living room looks like 90% of the time. Card tables make the best forts!


Thanks for stopping by! Follow me on bloglovin' or by email (over on the sidebar).



Linked up over at:

http://nap-timecreations.com/2015/05/create-link-inspire-party-518.html

http://www.straight-grain.com/?p=6274



4 comments:

  1. These shorts are adorable! I would love for you to link up your sewing project at the Stitch It, Blog It, Share It Link Party going on now at BehindtheSeamsSewing.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just missed it. I'll try next week!

      Delete
  2. Adorable, at least it looks like the little one will be able to wear them if her sister ends up growing out of them too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Having two girls has been wonderful to justify sewing so much :)

      Delete